Posts Tagged ‘Anti-Protestants’
Date of Origin: August 12, 1534 AD – Present
Motto: Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam (For the greater glory of God)
Historic Significance: Diminishing of religious dominance in Europe and major shift of power to finance and military. Dominance of Britain and France over major parts of the world through colonies. The Vatican was searching for ways to get back in power.
Founder: Ignatius of Loyola
Origin & History: Male Catholic Religious Order that does missionary work in Jerusalem or wherever the Pope requests after noticing the decrease of enthusiasm and commitment to religion in Europe. Started work in Italy and spread throughout Europe and the world. Currently headed by a religious figure, called the Black Pope for several reason one of which is that they grew strong enough to be as strong as the Vatican itself in terms of finances and affiliated institutions. It was suppressed by the Vatican on 1773 and restored on 1814. Currently has its biggest membership and power in India, surprisingly the biggest Islamic groups are also currently situated in India.
- Education(Colleges, Secondary Schools, Seminaries, Research Centers…)
- Missionaries (Transforming non Christians into Catholics, preventing the spread of Protestantism)
Categories: INGOs & Societies Tags: Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam, Adolfo Nicolás, Alfonso Salmeron, Anti-Protestants, Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities, bishop of Arbe, Blessed Virgin Mary, Church of the Gesù, Company of Jesus, Counter-Reformation, Diego Laínez, evangelic, evangelizations, Formula of the Institute of the Society, Francisco Xavier, God's Marines, Ignatius, Injunctum nobis, Jesuits, John Cassian, Kraków, Loyola, Madonna Della Strada, Monita Secreta, Nicolás Bobadilla, Papal Infallibility, Pedro Arrupe, Peter Faber, Pope Benedict XVI, Pope Clement XIII, Pope Clement XIV, Pope John Paul II, Pope Paul III, Pope Pius VI, Pope Pius VII, Protestants, Regimini militantis ecclesiae, Religious Order, Renaissance, Secret Instructions of the Jesuits, Simão Rodrigues, Society of Jesus, Sollicitudo omnium ecclesiarum, Spiritual Exercises, St. Ignatius of Loyola, Thaddeus Brzozowski
- My @gmail Inbox: 0 Unread Emails! It's a number I've dreamed about for soo long! I just hope it lasts more than few minutes! :D 20 hours ago
- RT @aieserve: A picture of one of our Aie Servians representing Aie Serve at the BAU NGO Fair that took place last Thursday! http://t.co/bv… 1 day ago
- RT @danasobh3: Drove to @aieserve to attend Beirut aie Club's meeting! :) 2 days ago
- @edUchangeInitia still at work...will join as soon as done...ur staying till 7 right? 2 days ago
- RT @aieserve: Aie Skills program brings yet another public workshop; "Holding Effective Meetings". As always, workshops are... http://t.co/… 2 days ago
Most Used Tags
#SocEnt #Tunisia Afif Tabsh Aie Serve Arabs AUB community service Development Dignity Education Egypt entrepreneurship France hard goals International Clubs Knowing the past leaders Leadership Lebanon Management NGO ngos Non-profit Non-profit organization Non governmental organization Nonprofit NPO PMI PMP Project Project Management Respect Service Service Clubs smart goals Social Entrepreneurship success UN UNDP UNESCO United States US Volunteer Volunteering Youth
- 50,439 hits
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.