PMP Certification from PMI

I’m proud to inform you that today I passed the PMP exam and thus I am an officially certified PMP. So you’re wondering what does that mean? What is PMP? What is PMI? Well read on… 🙂

PMP stands for Project Management Professional credential and is one of the 5 credentials that Project Management Institute (PMI) offers.

PMI is the world’s leading not-for-profit membership association for the project management profession, with more than half a million members and credential holders in more than 185 countries. Their worldwide advocacy for project management is supported by their globally-recognized standards and credentials, their extensive research program, and their professional development opportunities.

Government, commercial, non-profits and other organizations employ PMP certified project managers in an attempt to improve the success rate of projects in all areas of knowledge, by applying a standardized and evolving set of project management principles as contained in PMI’s PMBOK Guide.

Professionals obtain the PMP credential to verify their proficiency in project management with an internationally accepted certificate.

Using the 9 areas of knowledge identified by PMI, they become more proficient project managers, more productive in their work and apply internationally tested and confirmed processes that enhance the success rates of any project in any field.

One of the main beliefs of PMI is that “subject matter does not matter” and thus PMP certified Project Managers can excel in their work whether in IT or Real Estate, Non-Profit, Banking, Academic, Medical, Tourism…etc.

I hope that gave you a clear overview of PMI and the PMP Certification and I wish you the best of luck in your future projects! 🙂

For more information about my professional work check my LinkedIn Profile

Advertisements
  1. Samerron
    May 6, 2011 at 3:01 am

To start with, Mabrouk Afif!
    I am interested as what is your purpose of the PMP, especially in the NGO sector? Are you planning to move into private sector or just adding up a reputable certificate that will open up your choices, or is there a specific reason.
    I am asking since I am interested…

Another question, doesn’t it require certain years of project management experience to actually gain the certificate?

Peace,
    Samerron

2. May 6, 2011 at 11:28 pm

Hello Samer,

Well as I mentioned earlier, PMP lessons can be applied in any field of work whether NGO, private sector, public sector or free lance consultancy.

As a first step, yes for sure the PMP certificate allows me to better manage the Projects and Programs we have at Aie Serve (www.AieServe.org) and others as well. On the second hand, as you know I work in the IT field in the Banking Sector and so that helps as well.

As for requirements, yes indeed it requires 3 years of project management experience and a total of 4,500 Project Management work hours. Both of which I have exceeded by now 😀

I hope that answered your questions and if you need any further details don’t hesitate to let me know 😉

Afif

3. rabih shehayeb
    May 11, 2011 at 12:06 pm

Mabrouk Afif. Nice milestone. The speed you move in makes the rest of the youth look static. All the best.

4. May 12, 2011 at 12:38 am

Hello Rabih,

Thank you so much and I do hope I inspire some youth to be more active rather than making them feel or seem static 😉

Best of luck to you too ! 😀

Afif

5. December 27, 2012 at 3:24 pm

Hey there! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering
    which blog platform are you using for this website?
    I’m getting tired of WordPress because I’ve had problems with hackers and I’m looking at options for another platform. I would be awesome if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

• December 31, 2012 at 10:38 am

Hello,

Infact I am using WordPress platform 🙂

Regards
      Afif

6. vsidharth
    June 14, 2014 at 12:00 am

Hi Afif,

I was just wondering if we need any rights to use the picture you used in this blog. I tried looking up but couldn’t find any.

Thanks