Considering that NGOs target various geographic scopes, they can be categories accordingly. Below is a breakdown of their categories:
Community Group: Family Associations, Village Cultural Clubs.
Local NGO (LNGO): Aie Serve, Sesobel, Greenline, Ayadina, Beeatoona, Ibtissama.
Regional NGO (RNGO): MENA Entrepreneurs Summit, Anna Lindh Foundation(EuroMed), African Aid Network, European Youth Federation.
National NGO (NNGO): MentorArabia, Injaz, Safar Fund, USA Red Cross.
International NGO (INGO): PMI, World Vision, Red Cross, Rotary, Greenpeace, Save the Children, Oxfam.
It’s important to clarify here that the following International Organizations (IOs) are NOT considered NGOs: UNDP, ESCWA, UNESCO, ILO, OPEC, FAO, Arab League..etc.
Let me know how that sounds.
I’d like to invite you to a workshop that I’m organizing and delivering as part of my work with CMCS Lebanon. Details below.
Workshop Topic: Project Management for NGOs
Date: September 16 & 17, 2013
Time: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Venue: CMCS Lebanon Office – Hamra
Facilitator: Afif Tabsh, PMP®
- NGO’s Board Members & Founders
- NGO Consultants
- Program & Project Managers/ Coordinator/ Assistants
- General/ Grant Coordinators
- Team/ Committee/ Task-force Leaders
- Company Managers with interest in CSR Projects/Programs
- UN & International Organizations’ Staff
- Understand the difference between NGO projects and private sector projects.
- Understand and identify how to use standard tools and techniques of project management in NGOs.
- Understand the relationship between the Knowledge Areas in the PMBOK (PMI) in relation to NGO’s terminology and way of work.
- Understand how to develop a project idea into a full project management plan.
- A practical hands-on workshop designed in alignment with the international standard of project management along with the best practices in Project Management in NGOs.
- Covers key topics and issues that everyone can build on to enhance the way they transform project ideas into fully functioning plans.
- Includes numerous discussions, reflection sections and exercises.
- Is approved by AUB and certified by PMI thus PMP/CAPM holder can claim PDUs for it.
$ 550 US (including CMCS Customized Course Manual, a Process Chart, Certificate of Attendance, 15 PDUs, and Snacks & Refreshments). VAT included.
For Registration: PM for NGOs Registration Form
For More Information:
OFC: (+961) 1 345111
Mobile: (+961) 71 69000
FAX: (+961) 1 346111
Other Similar Posts About PM and/or NGOs: