Considering the sheer number of questions and consultations I get regularly about NGOs, their types, fields of work, definitions, structures, proposal writing, fundraising and the like, I will be posting a series of articles about NGOs to cover such topics.
Here is a quick overview about some of the articles I’ll be posting:
• Defining NGOs
• Types of NGOs (by geographic scope)
• Fields of Work of NGOs (by industry)
• Functional Types of NGOs (internal structure)
• Project Management in NGOs (how it differs from those in private and public sectors)
• Fundraising in NGOs
• Proposal Writing in NGOs (how it differs depending on the donor/funding agency)
• Logical Framework Approach/Matrix (what it is, how it came into existence, when is it to be used)
If you’d like to know about other topics related to NGOs don’t hesitate to drop me a comment about it.
I’d like to invite you to a workshop that I’m organizing and delivering as part of my work with CMCS Lebanon. Details below.
Workshop Topic: Project Management for NGOs
Date: September 16 & 17, 2013
Time: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Venue: CMCS Lebanon Office – Hamra
Facilitator: Afif Tabsh, PMP®
- NGO’s Board Members & Founders
- NGO Consultants
- Program & Project Managers/ Coordinator/ Assistants
- General/ Grant Coordinators
- Team/ Committee/ Task-force Leaders
- Company Managers with interest in CSR Projects/Programs
- UN & International Organizations’ Staff
- Understand the difference between NGO projects and private sector projects.
- Understand and identify how to use standard tools and techniques of project management in NGOs.
- Understand the relationship between the Knowledge Areas in the PMBOK (PMI) in relation to NGO’s terminology and way of work.
- Understand how to develop a project idea into a full project management plan.
- A practical hands-on workshop designed in alignment with the international standard of project management along with the best practices in Project Management in NGOs.
- Covers key topics and issues that everyone can build on to enhance the way they transform project ideas into fully functioning plans.
- Includes numerous discussions, reflection sections and exercises.
- Is approved by AUB and certified by PMI thus PMP/CAPM holder can claim PDUs for it.
$ 550 US (including CMCS Customized Course Manual, a Process Chart, Certificate of Attendance, 15 PDUs, and Snacks & Refreshments). VAT included.
For Registration: PM for NGOs Registration Form
For More Information:
OFC: (+961) 1 345111
Mobile: (+961) 71 69000
FAX: (+961) 1 346111
Other Similar Posts About PM and/or NGOs: